Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sleep Schedule

Ryder is still sleeping a lot which is great. We have an eight hour stretch every night that Ryder sleeps minus a quick twenty minute feeding which we are very spoiled by! Unforunately this eight hour stretch is now from 7pm-3am. That would be great if my body could function getting up at 3am and starting my day, but it's just not going to happen. Luckily Daddy is still at home this week from work and has been waking up around 7am and letting me jump back into bed to sleep for a few hours. Unfortunately life isn't always going to be like that, and next week he'll have to be at work at 8am which means no naps for Mommy! We are hoping we can push this sleep schedule back a few hours and have him sleep from 10pm-6am which will be much better! Of course keeping a newborn baby awake when he is ready to sleep is a joke. We did everything we could to keep him awake tonight and at 9:30 we gave him a bath hoping it would really wake him up for a little while to snap him out of his sleepiness. It is now 10:30 at night and judging by the quietness of the baby monitor I think he is sound asleep. Wish us luck that our new plan works and we sleep til around 6!!! I'm sure it's wishful thinking... but I still have hope!

Ryder all cozy and ready for bed after his bath tonight

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck....I have Dakota sleeping from approx 9pm to 3am....that is as far as I have got. let me know how u make out!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember those days!! Hang in there. Karen