Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Weight...

Derrik and I have been going to the gym now for about two weeks. I didn't want to put a post up about it any earlier until it became routine and I knew i'd actually keep going. For anyone who doesn't know.... I HATE the gym, but what I hate even more is the twenty extra pounds still on my body that apparently weren't a huge baby, and we're actually all the fast food, Baskin Robbins ice creams, and McDonald's shakes I consumed while pregnant (oh yeah! and those amazing nachoes at the Lookouts field... girls you know what I'm talking about!) Luckily we've found a good routine that works for us, and makes the gym enjoyable.

We get up in the morning and get to the gym by 8 (that is when the daycare first opens). There is a really sweet lady named Sandy who runs the daycare. Ryder has only had to come out of his carseat once, and other then that he has slept every time we go. He's only had other kids in there with him twice so it's a great opportunity and we know he's being well taken care of. It's really nice to be able to get out and do something as a couple that is for our benefit. It gives us some time without the baby and to interact with each other. Derrik has been a great coach really helping me figure out what I need to do! He's not so thrilled about going every day, but once we get there he is fine. I think it's because he's not in such a huge need or a workout like I am!

Around 9-9:15 we finish up our workout and head into work. There is a shower at the office which Derrik gets into right away so he can get on the road. I get mine when Ryder decides to doze off for a little bit or Grammy decides to watch him.

It's really a great new routine we have and hopefully it'll get my butt back into shape!!!

No comments: