Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick-Or-Treat

It was a little cold on Halloween for Ryder to go trick-or-treating so we decided to skip the festivities and head home. I felt guilty all day because Ryder had outgrown his Halloween clothes (he's growing so fast I can't keep up... fully in 6 month clothes now!) and I felt like I wasn't up to par with my "mommy duties". I decided i'd give him a little treat for Halloween and finally get some solids in his belly. He loved it!!! He has now had some cereal (baby cereal... his aunties thought he was having fruit loops lol)for three nights now. He gobbles it down! I thought this would be awesome and cause him to sleep longer since he has it right before bed, but he just eats it all up and still wakes up... go figure!

Ryder trying out solids for the 1st time!
So full! (you can see his hair that is quickly growing in in this picture)Ryder was not in the mood for pictures on Halloween these are the best I have.. no smiles
Daddy trying to help me get some pictures...
The Little Monster being grumpy

No Derrik isn't in a Halloween costume (we all know he wouldn't want to go out for Halloween!)... he's actually taken hockey back up as a hobby. He played all the way through high school and then had to give it up for baseball. He's always told me how much he missed being on the ice so he decided to try it out again. He played this Sunday morning for the first time and got two goals with one assist. Of course he was exhausted afterwards and complained all day about it. He says he's doing it for the work out, but I know he loves it! He wouldn't wake up at 7:30 am on Sunday morning if he didn't :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derrik,
Dude! Go out an get some matching socks!!!!!!!