Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Weekend of 1st

Yesterday I asked Derrik if he could watch Ryder for the day so I could get out for a day of shopping. I haven't really had a day to myself to do whatever I wanted since i've had Ryder so I figured we'd give it a try. After Derrik cooked me his amazing breakfast of eggs, bacon, and breakfast potatoes I meet the girls and my mom to head up to the barn to watch Ally get a lesson. On the way up we picked up Auntie. We drove the hour to the barn and after her lesson went out for some shopping. Their isn't any shopping on The Cape so we have to take advantage of it when we're in the area. We went to Kohls first which I have learned to love because they have great baby clothes for cheap. After that we stopped at a store called Justice to get Hailey some clothes, and then we hit up Target. If anyone knows me well they know I have a serious obsession with this store! With it being an hour away it's not a good thing! The bill never comes up too cheap, but I still love going anyhow :)

We got home eight hours after I had left and figured Daddy and the baby would be a mess! I walked in the door to find Ryder happy as could be in the crib and his daddy folding laundry!!! I was so proud of both of them. I'm not sure if Derrik thinks he did a good or bad thing by doing so good. I was very thankful, but now he knows I trust him and that it will happen again.

Our next big first happened last night. Ryder slept through the night!!! He fell asleep at 7pm after having his cereal and a bottle like usual. We didn't hear from him again until 6:45 this morning. I fed him a bottle and at 7:15 Derrik's alarm clock went off for him to head to hockey. Once he got out of bed Ryder and I cuddled up and took a little nap until 8:45. After a good day of shoppping and a full nights sleep I feel like a new woman!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats! Oh, you are gonna feel spoiled now when he starts sleeping all night! Enjoy!

Lindsay Henry said...

YAY for a full nights sleep! I bet you felt amazing when you woke up! And props to Derrik for doing such a good job and having the house a mess for you to come home to!

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit! So cute