Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Prayer for Ally

Friends and Family-

My sister Ally has been sick now since December 26th. It started out as what we though was a little cold. She never started to get any better, and adventually got worse. While we were on our cruise my mom took her to the doctors and the emergency room where they did lots of tests, and came up with no answers. She had been to the doctors several more times because Ally was just aching all over, had belly pain, and had absolutely no energy. With still no answers we weren't sure if we should go to Orlando for the weekend. The doctor assured us to go, that it couldn't do any harm. We were all hopeful that after seeing her friends from Florida that she hadn't seen in forever it would get her mind off of things. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and we even had to push her in a wheel chair through Disney World. While in Florida my mom got a phone call from the E.R. saying she had tested positive for Lyme's Disease. For those not from New England, it is the disease you can get from being bitten by a tick. Ticks in this area are awful and unfortulately it seems to be slightly common around here. My mom and Ally spent all day today at the doctors, E.R., and the cardiologist and still have no answers. We are thankful her heart checked out okay since she had been having awful heart pain for weeks now. We are very fustrated because Ally feels absolutely awful, and patients are running thin while we try to find an answer. She is laying in bed now, and has just taken the pain medicine the doctor prescribed for her to take the pain away.

Please say a quick prayer for our family to get through this time. My mom needs the strength to handle the constant sickness around her, and Ally needs a prayer to help her body get back to it's normal self.

Thanks :)

Love Always,
Danielle

4 comments:

LISA said...

I saw your post on facebook. I am so sorry she is feeling so awful. I will definitely say a prayer for her and your family to know how to care for her right. Hopefully the doctors will find the right treatments and she will get back to normal. I have known a couple people who got lyme's disease and after some period of meds they are perfectly healthy and normal. Keep us posted!!!

XOXO

The Denoves said...

I will definitely be praying for her and let her know that I am thinking about her. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Brittany Wood said...

I'm so sorry. We will be praying for her and your family. If there is anything we can do, let us know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Danielle! Please keep us posted as to how Ally (and the rest of you)are doing!

Aunt Karen