Sunday, January 31, 2010

All Settled In Our New Home

Wow! What a weekend! Did we really just move for the 6th time this year? Is it really good for anyones marriage to move once in a yet... let alone six times? HAHA! We are fine now, but there were points this weekend they we were not fine with each other. Promise were sitting next to each other now though and love each other very much! Let me see if I can summarize our weekend for you. It's probably not too exciting, but I want you to know how exhausted I feel right now.

Wednesday afternoon I get a call from our landlord asking us if we can be out by Friday for the new renters. We weren't planning on moving until Monday, but after all we had been through to get out of our lease we weren't going to argue.

Thursday... pack pack pack! Then Thursday afternoon Ryder and I took a much needed break and got to go to Page's 2nd birthday party. Page is Tricia's daughter who I met off a mom's website in Phoenix. They have been such a blessing to us out here. It is so nice to have another mom to talk to every once in a while! Ryder had a blast at the party playing with the other kids. I for some reason only snapped one picture while we were there. It is of Ryder pushing a baby stroller with a baby in it... nice huh? Page is the cutie who is cut off on the side of the picture.

We hope you had a great 2nd birthday Page!
Thursday night, after we put Ryder to bed, Derrik and I loaded the cars up with as much stuff as we could.

Friday morning Derrik had to go to the field so I did some stuff I needed to do for work and cleaned the condo. Derrik got home around noon, and we headed for the new place. He unloaded the cars as quick as possible since he had to head to go referree two games.

Our setup for Ryder to try to keep him out of the way
It worked for a little while

Derrik was gone, and I was left with this....
In the midst of putting everything away... This caught my eye...
Our first sunset... well mine... Derrik was still gone refereeing
Around seven (keep in mind this is Ryder normal bedtime) we headed to meet Derrik for a quick dinner at Burger King and to finish up at the condo. We had another two full car loads and had to finish cleaning the place. We got back to our new place around 11:00 and got Ryder a bath. Most nights I would definitely wipe him down and skip the bath, but he was SO dirty was playing in everything from moving. He was in bed around 11:30 and did so great the whole day. We had meltdowns, but for the most part he was a champ! Derrik and I finished putting everythign away because we didn't want to face it in the morning. We wanted to be done! We finished everything, got showered, and were in bed around 1:00 am. It was a long day, but we were so glad we got it all over with.
Ryder's new playroom
Saturday morning we just got use to the new place. In the afternoon Ryder and I had to run to pick up a few things we needed and met up with our old landlord to do a walkthrough of the place and give her the keys. Derrik had to go ref three more games.

We all made it home in time to cook dinner at our new house, and then put Ryder in his stroller and took a walk to the local market to get some ice cream.
We finished our weekend off today with letting Ryder get his first nap in days while Derrik went and did a baseball lesson. Once he was home we went to the grocery store... which was our last thing we needed to do to officially feel settled. We cooked some steaks on the grill and are now watching some tv together :) It was a long tiresome weekend but well worth it!

Ryder coloring a picture
"I loveee our new home!"

Sorry for any typos... too sleepy to proof read!
P.S. - Sorry for the totally random pictures. I'll try to get some of the place sometime soon.

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow what a weekend. I love all the random pics. They are great.
The new playroom looks really nice. I need one of those for my house, just to store all the toys.

I'm glad you guys are getting settled in and I hope there won't be anymore moving for you in your near future.