Saturday, January 16, 2010

Longest Random Post Ever!

I am just plain awful at this blogging stuff lately! Just when I thought getting back to Arizona and settled would give me all the time in the world for stuff like this... there is NO time!

So why haven't I been blogging? What have we been up to? Let me vent to you... or explain to you... real quick.

Derrik first... what a busy hubby I have! He started back to rehab this week so that took him all mornings and afternoons away from us like usual. He reffed four basbetball games this week, had one baseball lesson, and then managed to squeeze golf in on his day off (pretty clever huh?!).

As for me... I was busy with work this week which took away any blogging time as you can see and when I wasn't working I was dealing with the fussiest, crankiest, teething baby I have ever met! He has all eight of his front teeth and his four molars... that leaves his four eye teeth for a while. I thought, "WOW... only four more to go and we're through this awfulness!" Little did I know these last four would truly do me in! I had a day this week where I truly wondered if I was cut out to be a Mom. My patience were running so thin. I just didn't know what to do, but as my mom always tells me, "Just when you think you can't take it for another seconds... it stops!". It's so true! We didn't miraculously get the four teeth or anything, but he wasn't nearly as bad the last day and a half. Maybe it's the constnat tylonel and teething tablet diet I have him on :)

I also joined a gym! I joined last Sunday and made it five out of six days this week. I need the exercise and time to myself an hour a day, and Ryder really needs the interaction with other kids and a little separation from me. Ryder did pretty well with the day care. He cried the first day when he realized I was leaving, screamed the second day when he realized we were back at the same place, and by the third day did a wimper like "i'm going to cry because your leaving me, but I know your going to do it anyhow". Apparently all days he calmed down within minutes of me leaving. When I picked him up on Friday he was kicking a ball back and forth with a boy his age. I think it's great for the both of us :) Minus the fact that my body is SOOOO sore!

Now on to this long random post I have you all waiting for! I have about twenty posts contained in this one little post... so if you don't have long you might want to come back later. Almost all of this stuff is off my iPhone and goes back to before Christmas....

Dressing Chloe
I have not dressed Chloe in ages. I use to dress her every day when she was a puppy, but now she pretty much just gets a Christmas shirt and that is it. On my sister's birthday she got a ton of preemie baby clothes for her doll. I couldn't resist and had to dress Chloe up. I love the pigtails!
Ryder cuddling with his Auntie Hailey to watch cartoons
Of course Turbo had to lay on the blanket... What's new!
Cozy Boy
When we visited back home during the summer the changing table was off limits with Ryder. He was a crazy man and would not sit still. I was so scared he might hurt himself! This time around I realized Ryder, although still just as crazy, enjoys his time to relax and watch a little tv. He would lay there and cuddle in his blanket and watch tv. He always looked so cozy so I had to take a picture one day to remember it :)
Dressed up for the Larry's P.X. Christmas Party

This NEVER happens!!!
I loved it :)

"Mom, can I get some UGGs?"



Ryder pretty much did this with all his baby stuff... the baby bathtub, bouncer, swing
He loved seeing it all!

Ho Ho Ho
On Christmas Eve I realized I had yet to get Ryder saying "Ho Ho Ho" on video. I desperately tried to get it before the holiday was over and this was the best I got.

Donuts
Ryder's Uncle Tommy works in the bakery at the grocery store. He brought home donuts for us one morning, and Uncle Dalton left his on the kitchen table. I kept hearing Ryder say "more.. more" from the kitchen, which means he wants something, but I was sitting on the couch and Derrik was sleeping on me. I told Ryder to "come here" so I could ask him what he wanted... and this is how he walked in...
He had fount his Uncle Dalton's donut. As you can see by the look on his face he was SOOOOOOO excited! We let him eat it all, and i'm pretty sure he loved us for it :) The next morning Uncle Tommy had brought donuts home again, and I decided to let him have one again since it was our last morning there. He even got to sit like a big boy with his Uncle Cole while he ate it.

Ryder Hangin' With His Uncles
Here is some footage of the three boys. Ryder also shows you his new trick he learned a few times in this video... hitting. We are working extremely hard to make this stop!

Little Bum
Ryder decided when we got back to Arizona that his diaper wasn't necessary. Luckily he only did this the one day and got over it. How cute is that little tush?! It's all red because he was pulling so much at his diaper.

Working On His Golf Swing
Ryder's golf swing has gotten much better since the last time I posted a video...



The Little Man Slides
With Ryder's fussiness and the lack of Derrik during the afternoons this week to help out, we decided to spend lots of time at the park. Ryder has finally mastered the slide!
OPPS... This video just got deleted by accident... I'll post it in the next blog!


Ryder was more interested in the flag football game then the playground...
He's going to be an athlete for sure!

Basketball
Derrik got to meet us one day at the park and showed up with a basketball. Ryder was so excited! Basketball is definitely his biggest interest at the moment.



First Sports Injury

During basketball at the park Ryder tripped and fell. We noticed he skinned his knee and played it off the best we could. He rubbed it and moved on, but we ended up with this in the end...

"Ryder... Where's you boo-boo?"

Some of What Ryder Knows
Ryder has really been learning so much lately. I should blog more precisely since I know i'll want to look back on it in the future. It is extremely hard to get the things he knows on video, but the other day we got quite a bit of it! FINALLY!


Referee

This is my best attempt at a picture of Derrik referreing (spelling?!) the other night. It's off my phone and he was moving around too much so the quality is bad, but I was so proud of him seeing him out there! He is the person to the left of the picture.

Horse Track for the Day!

Today the horse track was having kids day so we decided to head out. It was gorgeous out and we all needed a day together away from the house! It was a great day with my boys :)

Daddy and Ryder

Pony Ride


Inflatable Obstacle Course


Inflatable Slide
I promise he's ok :)


Patty Cake
That's all folks.... sorry for any typos! I'm exhausted and heading to bed. Maybe i'll get the Christmas background off tomorrow :) MAYBE....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are great!!! It is so fun to watch Ryder grow up (it would be better if you were closer, but this will have to do for now).

Karen and Scott