Saturday, August 9, 2008

A new site for our growing family

Hello Friends and Family-

We have decided to switch websites since our babysite was getting full, and we were going to have to start paying to keep it up. A close friend uses this website, and it seems to be a pretty good one to use long term. Unfortunately with this website I can't send out updates whenever we put up new posts or pictures so be sure to check back frequently to see new pictures... especially once Ryder arrives!

It is officially only 23 days until the end of baseball and 26 days until Ryder is due! We are now going to the doctors every week until the end of the pregnancy which can't come soon enough! None of my clothes fit anymore and my belly officially looks like a torpedo coming out of my body. It is uncomfortable to do just about anything, and at this point i'm pretty sure I have no fear of labor... bring it on!

I unfortunately can't fly anymore so my days up in The Cape are done, and everything left to be done in the apartment has been left up to my mom and dad. They are doing such a great job and send me pictures every day with updates on what's going on. They are down to painting, trim, and some tile then things should be done. Then the carpet goes in next Thursday. Everything should be done by the end of next weekend which is a two weeks ahead of schedule for our arrival home!

While I was home last time mom and I got to go through all of Ryder's stuff. We washed all of his clothes, built the baby swing and bouncer, and organized everything into baskets so she knows exactly where it goes once the nursery is done. It is amazing how many clothes Ryder already has! We packed some stuff for Ryder just in case he decides to come early. I'm sure I pretty much guaranteed he won't be here early since I am kind of preparing for it, but i'd rather be prepared and take the stuff back to The Cape if the need be then to have nothing if he comes early.

Ryder's concerned Uncle Ryan brought to my attention I never updated about the blood work we had done when my sugars came back high the first time around. The second round of blood work came back just fine, and we haven't had any issues since.

For anyone who has noticed, Derrik has been on the disabled list for for a few days now. They have him on it for a total of seven days. His arm had been sore for a little while, and it finally got the best of him a few days ago. Luckily nothing seems to be wrong and he's been rehabbing it. He feels much better and throws a bullpen tomorrow that will hopefully show he's ready to start pitching again at the start of the next series on Tuesday. Luckily season isn't too much longer and he can take a few months of to let his body recover.

That is about all we have to update at this time. We are just sitting around waiting for our little one to get here :)

Love Always,
Derrik and Danielle




No comments: