Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ryder Lee Lutz

Ryder decided to make a last minute change of plans last night after our plans to get induced on Wednesday. After our doctor visit yesterday I felt quite a bit of cramping, but thought it was from the doctor checking me earlier in the day. Mom, Ally, and I were at dinner around 6 and I felt like my stomach kept hurting, but didn't want to be that over-reacting first time mom that felt like she was going into labor over nothing. We went to the mall after dinner, and at about 8 I told mom we needed to leave because I was definately in pain. We went home and I frantically called Derrik trying to tell him he needed to get on the road and head home. Unfortunatley he was in the middle of a game and I couldn't get ahold of him. After a call to the trainer they got him out of there and on the road. Meanwhile Mom, Ally, and I headed to the hospital because I was in too much pain. We made it here around 9:30 and they checked saying I was 5 centimeters and they weren't sure if they were going to keep me. After a few minutes of them tracking my contractions they decided to put me in the room and within minutes checked me and said I was 10 centimeters and ready to go! Derrik made it here an hour and ten minutes before Ryder was born (just in time for the major contractions). The only thing that help Ryder back was my water would not break which we had to wait for the doctor for. As soon as she got here and did that Ryder was here within about fifteen minutes and a few pushes.

Ryder was born at 11:11 p.m. He was 7 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long. He is so incredibly little compared to what we were expecting. He is so precious and is constantly sleeping or just looking around. I'm sure this won't last for long :) We're all doing great, but ready to get some rest!!!
Thank you to everyone for all the phone calls and text messages :)

So Exhausted!
Our Doctor

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are sooo damn cute! Congrats again!

LISA said...

Ryder is so adorable!!!! Congratulations and glad things went so well for you guys. Hope your recovery goes well.

Anonymous said...

he is adorable, thank god derrik made it, would have been sad, but all is good cause he came to save the day.. lol jk, anyway, 11:11 is very lucky =) better than 11:59 like i was lol ;)

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear about the good news!!! Keep those pictures coming! Congratulations to all of you! Love, Scott, Karen, Mike and Jeff

Kirk and Jen Zohn said...

Congratulations on your new addition to your family. Glad to hear all went well. He is sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Derrik and Danielle.. I am so happy for you.. and can not wait to see the little guy.. He is adorable.. great job and enjoy him... Love Aunt Sherri..

Anonymous said...

wow he is sooo sooo soo cute! i cant wait to meet that little thing!!!!! see you soon hopefully!!!!!
ashleyk!

Anonymous said...

wow he is sooo sooo soo cute! i cant wait to meet that little thing!!!!! see you soon hopefully!!!!!
ashleyk!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!!! I wish you much love and happiness!!

Anonymous said...

After seeing the pictures, we can't wait to see all of you. He is perfect. Love to all of you

xoxo Paul and Shirley

Karen Hall said...

OMG girl you did it!He is so beautiful.Can't wait to meet him in person.