Saturday, November 7, 2009

We're Boring... Sorry

Sorry for the lack of writing material this week. Sometimes I feel like I need to write three blogs in one day and other times a week goes by with nothing. We really haven't done anything exciting at all this week... not worth blogging about anyhow.

Derrik finished up his basketball referring certification this week (if he passes his take home/open book test). He also had his second baseball lesson with a local kid in the area and is starting up with another group of brothers sometime this week. Derrik is doing great as far as rehab goes. He feels great and thinks it is so crazy that he shouldn't be pitching in a game until May. It has been proven though that a twelve month rehab is the best in the long run with the type of surgery he had and not to push it. So we're waiting it out of course!

Ryder is just getting cuter and cuter! Gosh I could eat him up! He got his eighth tooth this week. At this point they are coming in like crazy. He has two molars, but still only two top front teeth. He is a walking... running... machine. Everyone kept telling me life was over once he started walking, but we love it! Now when we are in public or outside, and he wants down he can walk...not crawling on yucky, dirty, germy floors and he doesn't get his clothes dirty :)

Speaking of germs... Ryder and I both got our flu and swine flu shots this past week. I just don't want to even think about the flu with all of this travel we have coming up! Derrik didn't get it because "he never gets sick"... he said it not me! So when Derrik is puking on our time with our family everyone please remind him that his wife told him to get the shots!

Me... well... i'm just me. Same old here. Working, cooking, cleaning... loving on my boys :)

So I did manage to find a few pictures. Ryder lately has been pushing the dog cage all the way from the laundry room into the living room. He also realized he can still crawl into it (he hasn't done this since Sarasota). He literally crawls into it, cries like crazy, I get him out, calm him down, and he crawls back in! I'll try to get some pictures of him truly stuck in it... I didn't realize all the picture I had were with the top of the cage opened up. AND.... his smile is still Oh So Lovely!

Today Derrik spent the day at the horse track. He claimed this race today was like "the world series of baseball" for horse racing. I could care less and did not want to go. To me it's a bunch of horses running in a circle. He tells me the fun part is picking the winner... unfortunately i'm good at picking last place! Ryder and I drove about a half hour to Scottsdale to check out an amazing mall! What i'd give for an unlimited bank account and a day to myself in that mall!!! When Ryder had enough we got back in the car and drove to the horse track for the last race of the day. Ryder was freaking out pointing at the horses from inside the building so I knew when they came running by in the race his face would be priceless... and it was! Enjoy this video of Ryder watching the horses of the final stretch of the race...


P.S. - 13 Days until Derrik leaves for Pa. and 17 days until Ryder and I fly out!!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Ryder's expressions are seriously the funniest and cutest thing ever! He is to stinkin' cute! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

That is the best videofootage EVER I can't not stop watching it:)

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi we just got home last night and I finally got a chance to go on your blog. I had to run this video three times and couldn't stop laughing. Can't wait to see him at Christmas he's getting so big. Love you all Mimi & Papa

The Smith's said...

that is so cute! Makes me want to go to the dog track!