Sunday, June 19, 2011

Missing Daddy on Father's Day

Oh Father's Day... just another reminder how much we miss our Daddy around here. Derrik is officially in Montana. He says it's gorgeous... overcast, slightly chilly, and raining today. He loves that kind of weather and has really missed it while in Arizona. They were put up in a hotel last night. He is currently at the field meeting the staff, having practice if the rain holds out, and meeting the host family he is assigned to. Their first game is tomorrow. I feel like I sent my husband off to college or something. I miss him terribly and am constantly worried about his well being. He of course is doing fine, but i'm a worrier at heart. I think he enjoyed his full nights sleep last night :) He also got a room to himself because they have an odd amount of players, and he is by far the oldest guy on the team. The team is full of guys that just got drafted from seniors just out of high school and the oldest being juniors in college. Seniority has got to pay off somewhere right?!

Ryder has asked quite a few times when Daddy is coming home. I keep trying to explain to him that he's never coming back to this home, and we are moving somewhere that Daddy isn't at in the best way possible. Thank God for Skype :) He already misses him and it's only day two without him!

I am so anxious to see how Derrik feels throwing in the days to come. I'm not sure how much I mentioned, but Derrik was really sick this week. After officiating a game on Sunday he came home absolutley exhausted from the heat. He was more pale then after his surgeries and that is saying a lot. I thought he was going to pass out. Wednesday he came home telling me he didn't feel good with the same symptoms. His body was on fire, and although our thermometer is broken I know he without a doubt had a high fever. The following day he was sent home from the field and in the middle of the night was so cold he couldn't stop shaking. It scared the crap out of me how much his body temperature was fluctuating. Needless to say he didn't do anything at the field on Friday either. I truly think he had heat exhaustion being out in the sun so much recently. So he hasn't done any baseball since his game last Tuesday. I'm hoping it was an amazing break that his body needed before he gets started in these games again :)

Derrik -

Thank you so much for all you do for us. I knew the day I married you that you would be an amazing husband, and hoped you would be just as amazing of a father. You have far surpassed anything I could ever ask for. Ryder absolutely worships the ground you walk on. I know Landon will follow suit in the years to come. I can tell already by the way he smiles at you when he sees you! Life is going to be sad with your absence these next two and a half months, but we will be sure to make up for it this fall. Enjoy doing your thing! You deserve to go be one of the guys on the team again! Enjoy it and know we are cheering you on every step of the way! We are your biggest fans!!!




























We also want to wish a very Happy Father's Day to the other Father's in our life!


Happy Father's Day Mack, Papi, and Poppy!!!

No comments: