Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good Times

Wow! We have been busy busy busy around here. It's been a nice busy though. We have been busy packing our days outside at the beach, park, splash pads, and enjoying some nice company. Let's face it, with two active little boys life is MUCH easier when we get out of the house. If we stay home for a whole day the walls start to cave in on us, and we all go slightly crazy! In the little spare time I have had at home i've been busy working on some final touches around our place to make it feel like home. I'm waiting on a few photos I ordered to come in next week, and then maybe i'll do a tour around our little place we call home these days. It's really starting to feel like home :)

These first pictures are from two weekends ago. We have been hitting the beach up with friends every Wednesday, and Ryder really wanted Daddy to make a trip with us. Derrik must REALLY love Ryder because I can never convince him to go to the beach for me :) It was a really nice family day, and I think Derrik really learned to appreciate why I get the boys out of the house so much. He sees how much work they are at home, and I think now realizes that they need a way to let out all that built up energy.

This is a pretty typical face for Landon at the beach.

He just kind of tolerates it, but doesn't quite love it yet.

Getting some water to get started on their Monster Jam stadium they were going to build.

Building some jumps
I'm pretty sure that Ryder was telling Derrik how he was doing it all wrong right here. Ryder knows what he wants, and you can't figure it out he gets SO frustrated!
Daddy doing some free style on the track
This guy decided to take a little snooze so we headed down to the water for a bit while he napped.
Ryder was so thrilled Daddy was tehre to dig him a big hole to get buried in.
Mommy is NEVER that much fun at the beach!!
All buried
And breaking free!!
Going to get all cleaned off in the cold water

Landon woke up so I brought him down towards the water. He tends to usually stay up in the dry area, but we figured we'd give it a try.
And got his "i don't like this face"
He makes this face all the time when I try to feed him something he doesn't want.
In the end he wasn't crazy about sitting there letting the water splash onto him, but loved going into the water with me holding him. Ryder wasn't crazy over the beach at this age either... in time I guess.
Pretend here I am showing you pictures of our trip to the Little Dipper Pool with Derrik last weekend and our trip to the Splash Pad with Miss Amanda and the kids on Monday... because I deleted them thinking they were already on my computer :)
On Tuesday evening Amanda and I brought the kids to Chik-Fil-A for dinner and then headed back to Lakes Park to get some pictures of the kids. Amanda wanted some pictures of the kids in their spring outfits, and I had asked her a few times if we could take them down there for me to get some more practice in on kids other then my own. Granted I'm taking pictures of her kids weekly, but typical it's in the middle of the day when the sun is terrible and our kids are a wreck. Here are a few from our night down there....
Miss Sophia... this girl is a model in the making! She just loves to take pictures :)
My son on the other hand...
He does not know how to make a normal face for the camera at all these days!
Soso and Dyson...
Love these kids to pieces :)
Picking flowers
Is this not the cutest best friends picture?
They are going to have the best wedding slide show ever one day
(I think it actually might be a dream world Amanda and I live in... because they go to school together, and we've come to realize don't even acknowledge each other while they are there... they do love each other though. I think they just like time with other kids sometimes.)
I love the mid-run head turns to check on us :)
We came upon two bunnies, and I told them it was the Easter Bunny...
They were so cute hunting him down

Landon hung out in the stroller the whole time... he's so content most of the time
Dyson is showing off some serious walking skills these days... he started just shy of ten months.
Landon keeps looking at him like "what the heck are you doing?" lol... totally getting shown up!
Really Ryder? Cross-eyes and all....
I think Ryder needs to find a friend who isn't naturally tan... it doesn't do him any good :)
Such a gorgeous night!
As a newly-learning photographer, seeing this sky made me want to beg the kids to do some cute pose on this railing to capture this beautiful sky. Unfortunately they were all soaked from the water fountain, Sophia's hair was down, and they were all covered in dirt and cranky... Oh well... next time :)
We have really been enjoying ourselves staying so busy lately :)

No comments: