Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Waiting Game

Not too much going on here right now. Ryder and I are just hanging out with our family, Derrik is hanging out in Arizona, and we're just waiting on word from the Reds on where and when Derrik will be on a team. I have gotten so many phone calls, texts, and e-mail asking if we know anything and unfortunately we don't. We expect we will know something soon, and I promise to update right away when we do find out.

In the mean time I figured i'd share this cute picture of Ryder at the batting cages the other day.

Some video of Ryder at the park
Yesterday we tried out Skype (for those not familiar... it's basically a video chat on the computer) for the first time. I had used video chats in the past and found them to be very fustrating. They never seemd to be very clear, always froze, and the voice timing was always off from the video. Skype is amazing! It was so clear, and we could hear everything. The look on Ryder's face was priceless when he saw Daddy on the computer screen! They got to chat for about a half hour. Ryder tried to feed Daddy some strawberries though the screen, he showed Daddy how he plays with his new car, watched some cartoons together, and Daddy asked him where some body parts where while Ryder showed him. It was so great to be able to see Derrik... even if it was through a screen! At one point I told Ryder that Daddy was going to take a nap because he kept yawning. Ryder then made a sad face and laid his head on the computer like he was trying to lay with Daddy. I know Ryder misses him so much, and I can't wait to get them back together!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Awwww... Danielle, that ending of your post was so sad! Poor Ryder misses his Daddy so much, as I'm sure you do, too, and Derrick does as well. Soon enough, you'll all be reunited and Ryder will literally be sleeping on his Daddy. You and your family are in my prayers.

KateB said...

I hope you hear something soon! I know how hard the waiting game can be! On another note..SKYPE is awesome! We love it as well- it is such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family!

Mama Fish said...

We love Skype too! We first used it when we went to Russia to talk to our boys and family back home. Now we use it to chat with grandparents, so they can keep up with all that our kids are doing. Hopefully you will hear something soon, so you can all be back together!

Olivia Lefko said...

Aww Danielle! I almost cried when you talked about Ryder hugging the computer screen. I hope you are all back together again soon!