Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hangin' in the Kitchen

My camera is in the kitchen so I grab it a lot to snap some photos of the boys (mainly Landon due to Ryder's lack of interest). I knew I was over due for a blog so I found some pictures of the boys one morning and one evening last week on the camera to put up.


Ryder very proudly wears Daddy's Phiten necklace

or as Ryder would call it "Daddy's baseball neckalce"
Humm... What have we been up to? We had an awesome time with a big group of friends at Sun Splash (the local water park) last week. No pictures though because too much was going on. We had a lot of fun though! We have been doing lots of summer stuff... hanging out, swimming, dollar summer movies, bowling... very entertaining :)

Derrik has done nothing but excel in Single A out in California. He has been there just over three weeks and we are getting A-N-T-S-Y!! Baseball is all about being antsy, waiting for the next move, hoping for the next thing. I know that and try not to let it get the best of me. BUT I'd really like him to get to AA out in North Carolina 1: because that is where he was when he got hurt. It would be amazing to end this season where he left off and go into next Spring Training feeling fully back into things. 2: We haven't seen Derrik in over six weeks. The season isn't over for another five weeks. We'd love if he'd get to North Carolina soon so we can drive and see him.

Until then.... we'll just stay strong, keep enjoying summer, keep cheering Derrik on, and hope minor league baseball season ends SOON!!!!

No comments: