Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Little Man

Ryder Lee… My little man… You are three years old today. I can remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. It was one of the most amazing days of my life. It is probably tied for number one with the birth of your little brother this year. Where do I even begin talking about you? I think if I had to sum you up in one word it would be extreme. You do everything all the way from loving family to throwing tantrums. Nothing is half way with you little man. Your biggest accomplishments this year started right after your second birthday getting rid of your pacifier, going to a big boy bed not too long after that, becoming a big brother back in April, potty training in the month of July (hallelujah… 100% potty trained!), and then just last week starting school. I think that makes you completely a big boy now huh? Life with you is non stop every single waking second (and ones that shouldn’t be awake) of every single day. There are days I seriously feel so drained, but wouldn’t give up my job for anything. You sleep t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e these days! Soooo terrible!!! You use to go through phases like a week at a time every couple months when you’d wake up, but this has been going on ever since we got to Florida. I am at a loss at what to do, but I hope you grow out of it soon. Your brother sleeps 12+ hours a night, and I’m up with you. News flash buddy… it’s not supposed to work like that! You still go to sleep just fine and take good naps though. We just have to get you to sleep ALL night. I swear it has to do with your crazy imagination. You are always in your old world coming up with all sorts of crazy stories. I love that you have such a vivid imagination, but just wish you could turn it off at night. You are terrified of monsters. I don’t know where this came from, but you do not believe us that monsters don’t live at Grammy and Mack’s house. You still love all things with wheels just like a year ago. You love cars from the Cars movie, monster trucks, or dump trucks. You have a new obsession with pop music thanks to your Aunties. You have a love for sports that hopefully Daddy can help you explore this off season. I can tell you just want someone to play them with you, but Mommy is bad at sports and it is simply too hot out. You love cartoons. Your favorites are The Backyardigans, UmiZoomi, Bubble Guppies, and Chuggington. You are also learning to swim. You are getting close and absolutely love that water. You adjust well to change when it comes to moves and your new little brother. I have to admit that I was terrified of you becoming a big brother. I didn’t think you would handle it well at all. You have gone above and beyond any expectations I ever thought I could have. You never show any jealousy towards him and honestly don’t pay much attention to him at all. I can’t wait to see what happens once he can get into your toys!
Daddy and I love you so much. Watching your Daddy love you makes my heart overflow with love. It honestly rips his heart out that he has been away from you for the past two months with baseball, but he is doing it to hopefully give you an amazing future down the road. He loves you more then you will ever know, and the same goes for me. I’m praying the Terrible 3’s aren’t really worse then the Terrible 2’s like everyone says because I don’t know how we will make it with that strong will of yours, but as long as you still have your other sweet side I’m sure we will all survive to see birthday number four! Thanks for letting me be your Mommy. There is nothing better in the world. I hope we have an amazing fourth year sweetie with lots of fun adventures!



I Love You Ryder Lee


Newborn


6 Months Old 1 Year Old

2 Years Old

3 Years Old

2 comments:

~Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Ryder!! Hope you all have a great day!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday, Ryder! We hope you have a great day and that Mommy spoils you today! We miss you, buddy!