Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby Landon Update: Week 24


How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of Baby: Just over a pound and almost a foot long

Food Size (According to my e-mail from BabyCenter.com): An ear of corn

Total Weight Gain: 16 pounds. I was like 18 when I first got back home, but i've already laid off all the junk food and soda. I've really been beating myself up because my three friends who just had babies seriously gained like no weight. Obviously i'm not one of those people! After dicussing things with my friend Amanda (due two weeks after me) and some other bloggers I'm pretty much right on track with everyone else at this point in their pregnancy. I'm over beating myself up over it.

Maternity Clothes: None this week. We've really only been home and i've been living in my leggings and t-shirts :)

Gender: It's a BOY! Landon Brennan Lutz

Movement: This week for the first time we watched Landon moving from the outside. It was crazy watching my belly move all around. I can really feel his whole body moving all around in my belly now.

Food Cravings: Not really... We've been trying to eat a little healthier.

Labor Signs: no comment until third trimester or so

Sleep: Really great!! I've been enjoying my sleep and naps because I know I won't get them with two kids in a couple months.

How’s Ryder Handling It: He's doing great around Derrik and I, but puts on a show for everyone else. When he's with us he acknowledges the baby is in Mommy's belly now and not his, he will accept it's a baby brother (not sister), and also is saying Landon when we ask him what the baby's name is. If anyone else asks.. it's just "BABY SISTERRRRRRR!"

What is the same/different as the last time: Ummm.. the same this week I guess

Symptoms: Only hip pain this week. I haven't taken any nausea meds since I flew last Friday and have felt fine!!! Finally!!!

Best Moment This Week: Holding baby Logen... if I wasn't already pregnant i'd have total baby fever!!! There is nothing better then a newborn sleeping on you. Also getting settled back into our Arizona home, having the holidays behind us, and finally being able to focus on getting ready for the baby. I've been working on some stuff for Landon i'm excited about :)

What I Am Looking Forward To: Our other two boxes of stuff arriving from my mom's house. Then we should have all the stuff we already have in one place. We can then evaluate what we need to get for the baby. First thing on the list... a changing table or dresser. We have no where to put any of this stuff, and unfortunately shipping our furniture wasn't really an option.
Also... We had a doctors appointment yesterday. We hadn't been since our sixteen appointment (when we had the ultrasound for the sex) the day before we headed out of town. The appointment was very quick and to the point. They said everything looked great, the heart beat sounded good, and my belly was measuring perfectly. He told us they found some weird named syst (spelling?) on the ultrasound that was completely normal considering how early on we had our ultrasound because we were leaving town. He told us to not worry about it at all. He said it was probably already gone at this point, but if we were interested in getting another ultrasound to see the baby it was a good excuse to get the insurance company to cover one. You know I was all over that! He said we would discuss setting it up at the next appointment. We go back in four weeks, and I have to drink that awful drink for the gestational diabetes test. After that we are every two weeks! I can't believe we are already to the two week appointments... it is crazy how quick this is flying by!

3 comments:

~Rachel said...

Do not beat yourself up over gaining weight! It is for the baby!I gained 60 lbs, 40 lbs, 60 lbs. so I am not one of those girls who gain nothing! Enjoy the time! You look great!!

Meant to be a mom said...

You look adorable and great. You look skinny and great with just a cute bump right out in front.
Don't worry about the weight. I'm already 20 lbs up and I still have half the pregnancy to go.
I say these second babies just weigh more faster :)

Nicole said...

RAchel, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant! I gained 50 lbs with Blake, and it all come back off. I'm also not the type to not gain anything. I went from running 3-5 miles a day to walking because I had to fast of a heart rate to continue to run. That plus eating extra = 50 lb weight gain. This is the only time you can enjoy eating so much!