Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

What a Happy Easter....it didn't start out quite that way though. Go back a couple months to us signing our lease on our home. The owners said they already had tickets to visit April 3rd-4th, and we could leave our stuff in the house during that time but had to be out of the house. Thank God for our great friends! The Wood's and Heisey's let our cats camp out in their laundry room, and The Denove's let us and Chloe stay in their two extra bedrooms at their house. So that is what we had been up to since Friday, and this morning the minor league teams had a chartered flight at 8 a.m. to Cincinnati. That meant they all needed to be leaving their houses around 6 a.m. which left us with a 5 a.m. wake-up call to get out and pick up the cats. By 6:10 a.m. our car was loaded with our stuff from the weekend, I have two cats and the dog in the car, Derrik had basketball games to ref at 7:30 (he did eight games yesterday and six today... he's exhausted!), and I have no clue what to do with ourselves until the owners left the house. They said it would be around noon! That was almost six hours and NOTHING was open because it was Sunday and Easter. I thought we could blow some serious time with McDonald's breakfast and some time in the playground area, but the playground area was closed. Go figure! We are done eating in all of ten minutes and ended up rushing out when Ryder let out an deafening scream because the doors were locked to the play area. With pretty much no other options left we went to the park from about 7:10 until 9:30 when my phone rang... the owner! They decided to head out early! Thank the Lord!

We went home and I let Ryder open his Easter baskets that the Wood's had got him. He absolutley loved them, and they kept him perfectly entertained while I got to put everything away.

Loves the card that played music!
He played and danced to it all day :)
Thank you so so much Brit and Travis
As soon as Ryder went down for his nap this Momma got a shower and crashed as well. After chasing him around and trying to keep him entertained out of our house for forty-eight hours I was exhausted!

The Easter Bunny must have known we weren't home last night and came during nap time. Ryder was so excited to see even more toys!

Thank You Easter Bunny!
The Baskets
Thank you to our family for the cards!
Easter Egg Hunt... The Easter Bunny must have known Ryder needed a small area
Once we woke up from our nap we waited outside for Daddy to get home. We were so excited to see him since we pretty much missed him all day yesterday between his baseball and basketball schedule.
Once Daddy was home we got to check out our baskets the Easter Bunny left!!!

Ryder showing off his bubbles...
He also got some sidewalk chalk, a Bearenstein Bears DVD, a Lightning McQueen car, a new sippy cup, M&M's, and some peeps
He took one bite of every peep and then handed it to me.... I just hated that!
My Two Loves :)
After our baskets it was time for our Eater Egg Hunt. I really wasn't sure how this would go over since he didn't really have anyone to follow after. I made Derrik bring his basket in too to kind of show him the way.
He didn't get the basket part and just started eating the jelly beans
Daddy showing him what to do
(I love the things Derrik will do for Ryder... it's so sweet)
Getting the hang of this basket thing

My boys finding the last one....
Admiring their basket full of eggs!
They did a good job!

Our Little Easter Bunny
A picture with my little man :)
Look who came around.... He decided to be in the Easter spirit today and wear the ears :)
And look who loved it.... Derrik would do anything for him!
My boys new cars... Yes Derrik got one. They love playing together!
He played with these cars over this chalk forever after we were done... I think I might do an Eater basket every day to keep him entertained :)
We had a great Easter dinner, Ryder is now bathed and in bed, Derrik is snoring on the couch next to me, and I'm relaxing. It is very nice to be settled back in at home. I hope everyone had a great Easter today!

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad you are back home and settled in and can rest and enjoy being home.
Its nice that you have good friends who can help you out though also.

I love all the pictures. You have a beautiful family.