And of course checking out the jets!
April 22nd (tomorrow): Derrik throws his last simulated game - 2 innings
April 26th (Monday): 1st game - 1 innings
April 29th (Thursday): Light throwing
April 1st (Saturday): 2nd game - 1 inning
That is all we know as far as the baseball side of things is concerned. Derrik continues to feel great and after the 1st it's just a waiting game.
We decided in order to do this move in a way that wasn't financial through the roof we needed to make decisions now. We didn't have answers from the Reds so we just had to use our best judgement. Next week a family friend, who we are so thankful for, will be flying out here to drive our car back to Cape Cod with our three pets. The car and pets will spend the rest of the season in The Cape so we can reduce our "baggage" we have to deal with throughout the season.
We have bought a ticket for Ryder and I to fly to Cape Cod on May 4th. We feel Derrik will not leave any earlier then this, but were nervous to buy anything later because anything is possible at this point. We will camp out there and visit with family until we get word from Derrik that he knows when and where he will be playing. There was a ticket for $54.00 to North Carolina (the AA team where Derrik left for surgery) that we couldn't pass up on May 25th. We are hoping Derrik will be assigned to the AA team and hopefully be there by this date. We took the risk and bought the ticket. We will make adjustments if we need to of course.
That is it for now... I'll keep ya updated!!!