Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baby Lutz #2 Update: Week 14

How Far Along: 14 Weeks
Size of Baby: Three and a half inches long
Fruit Size (According to my e-mail from BabyCenter.com): Lemon

Total Weight Gain: 1 pound
Maternity Clothes: Nope. My shorts are all too small now (most were before becoming pregnant unfortunately), regular jeans are snug, and maternity jeans are too big so I've been living in leggings. I hope these leggings are warm enough in the cold weather we'll be in during the coming weeks!

Gender: 2 Weeks 1 Day until we find out!!!
Movement: Nope
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular... just not really a fan of cooked meat right now. It's making dinner hard to do and driving Derrik crazy!

Labor Signs: (no comment until third trimester or so)
Sleep: Amazing! I've been going to sleep early, and could just sleep all day!

How’s Ryder Handling It: Still great! Two funny stories again this week. On Skype this week my mom asked Ryder where the baby was. Of course he pulled his shirt up like usual, but then they asked where Mommy's baby was. He lifted my shirt. Then he went and got his baby doll, came back, lifted my shirt, and tried to shove it in my belly button. I just wonder how this whole concept is playing out in his head. The other funny story was this morning. We were laying on the couch together watching Backyardigans and my belly growled really loud. He pulled his head up and looked at me with the craziest look. I asked him if the baby was talking to him. He got the biggest smile on his face and put his head back on my belly trying to listen for the baby. Probably a mean trick to tell him that, but he got a kick out of it :)
What is the same/different as the last time: This week all the different symptoms seem to be under control... What's the same...I'm miserable and awful at being pregnant. I was watching A Baby Story on TLC yesterday and this lady was talking about how amazing pregnancy is... how she was never naucious, slept great the whole time, had great skin, was never uncomfortable... Where is that pregnancy for me?!?! Oh well... the final product is all worth it in the end :)
Symptoms: Pretty much the same as always, but nothing is out of control this week.
Best Moment This Week: Trick-or-Treating with Ryder :)
What I Am Looking Forward To: Really... I think it's quite obvious... Finding out the sex in two weeks!!! AND leaving for Pennsylvania that night :)

1 comment:

~Rachel said...

Seriously, I wonder who these people are that say "You are just glowing." Pregnancy, while a blessing, is a miserable time for me. I would have more kids if I didn't have to carry them myself. The weight, the skin, the itchiness, the whole having to wait to hold the baby!!
Can't wait to hear what you are having!!