Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our Holiday Travel Schedule

After weeks of going back and forth on what we were going to do over the holidays we have finally settled on a plan that works for us and our wallet! The time off has been confirmed by the Reds and the plane tickets have been puchased... so I guess I can say our plans are pretty official at this point. With that said... I'll try to lay it all out for you! If it sounds confusing... it is... imagine trying to do all of this with our extremely active little man tagging along!



Ready for it?!?



Friday - November 20th: After rehab this day, Derrik will be packing up our car (not sure which one yet) with our belongings we will need for our trip and our three pets. He will set out on his way to Pennsylvania. This trip is extremly long and will probably take him about three days.



Tuesday - November 24th: Ryder and I are flying into Harrisburg to meet up with Derrik.



We will be spending the Thanksgiving holiday with Derrik's side of the family. We can not wait to spend almost a week there and spend some time with family! Ryder and I have not made it back to Pennsylvania since Thanksgiving last year!!!



Monday - November 30th: Derrik, Ryder, the pets, and I will all make the six hour trek to Boston to take Derrik to the airport (Derrik is flying out of Boston so I don't have to drive through N.Y.C. by myself... sweet hubby huh?!). Derrik is flying back to Arizona for the three weeks of rehab he has to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Once we drop Derrik off at the airport, I will drive the next hour and half back home to The Cape.



** It was a really hard decision to be away from Derrik for these three weeks over the holidays. I will miss my 25th birthday with him :( I tear up just thinking about it, but we decided this is something we had to do so we could get as much time as we could with both families. Doing it this way meant our animals would travel with us which saved us probably almost $1,000 in kennel fees... I hope our pets know how much we love them**



Friday - December 18th: Derrik flies back into Boston!!!



Derrik is planning on coming to The Cape to get the car (and spend some time with us after being back in AZ for soo long!)and then he will drive to Pennsylvania for a couple days to celebrate Christmas with his family. Ryder and I won't be making this trip since Ryder would have been there three weeks earlier for Thanksgiving and will be there again in January. We contemplated it, but it's an extra 12 hours round-trip with Ryder in the car! Not Fun! Anyhow... Derrik will be back in The Cape in time to celebrate Christmas with us. I can not begin to explain to you how happy I am that we will be celebrating Christmas with our tree, our ornaments, our stockings, our bed! I literally fall asleep as night with a huge smile on my face knowing we will get to do this :)



We are hoping to get a ski trip in between Christmas and New Years! No firm plans yet, but we're going to make an effort :)



Sometime around New Years we will pack up the car and pets and head back out to Pennsylvania to see everyone before we head back out West for the rest of Derrik's rehab and another baseball season.



The only two official dates we have for the end of our trip is my ticket back to Arizona from Harrisburg for Wednesday January 6th and Derrik has to report back to rehab Monday January 11th.



We are so excited that we figured out a way to maximize our time home with all of our family and are literally counting down the days until we get there!!! Less then a month!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK hope you're getting air miles for all that travel. Everyone must be so excited knowing your going to be with them for so long. See you on the Cape. Gram

Tricia said...

Wow Danielle. I'm jealous. I'm glad you guys get to spend so much time with your family. We'll get to be back with our family for two weeks, and we are super excited about that. Enjoy your time with family and at home.

Lindsay Henry said...

Holy cow!! That is ALOT of travel! But I know that both your families are super excited to spend all that time with you guys! AND I can only imagine how happy you are to be able to decorate your place with YOUR stuff!!! Wonder how far Cape Cod is from TN..... :)

Brittany Wood said...

Yeah, I got stressed out just reading that post. I feel for you guys, but it will so be worth it. I can't wait to see pictures of Ryder with all of his presents!

Unknown said...

hope we can hook up with you whule you are in PA, Scott and Karen

Aunt Gina said...

I know I can't wait to see Ryder and Danielle(of course Derrik, too). Looking forward to spoiling the heck out of Ryder. Three weeks and counting