Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where's Ryder?!?

So go back two days ago... The Lutz family is checking out at the grocery store when Ryder grabs a bag of Doritos from the checkout aisle and puts them on the belt thingie (Derrik and I don't know what it's called?!). I slightly remember Derrik telling Ryder we didn't need Doritos, but apparently we were both busy getting the groceries out of the cart, getting the coupons ready, and whatever else it is your doing at that point of time and the Doritos somehow got purchased.

Fast forward to this afternoon... Derrik grabs the bag of Doritos and a drink, and then plops himself onto his chair with his computer to play some Bejeweled Blitz. Ryder proceeded to steal the bag of Doritos that Derrik hadn't even begun to eat yet and was playing with them. We both let it go because he was obviously happy with the sound the bag was making and kept doing our thing.

Derrik then says to me "Where's Ryder?!" I said he was in the bedroom and not to worry about it because he's been playing in there a lot lately. Derrik freaks out on me about how he's going to get into his golf clubs making me feel like the bad parent... blah blah blah... SO I'm the one that gets up to go get him out of there. When I go in I see this....
"What Mom?! Dad gave me these to play with!"
And whose the non-attentive parent?!?!? HAHA!
I made Derrik clean it up :)

P.S..... Ryder must have REALLY wanted this Doritos from the store HUH?!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

And that's only the beginning. Mobile children get into everything and everywhere.