Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scattered Thoughts

Lots of random stuff to post about... but nothing too exciting...
1. It's gorgeous out today! It was gorgeous out last night! It wasn't too hot during the day yesterday! I think this amazing weather the people speak of is HERE!!! WOOHOO!!! Hopefully this now means lots of fun afternoons together at all the playgrounds and parks we keep seeing around here :) I have a feeling pretty soon at night it means jeans and long sleeve shirts too! So glad we only have to worry about jeans and logn sleeve shirts without having to pay for it with snow boots and winder jackets soon after! Be Jealous!
P.S. The weather man said the triple digits for the temperature are likely long gone!
2. Oh Ryder and his food! My little guy has been chowing fruit lately! In the course of a day he usually has grapes, raspberries, banana, peach, blueberries (hidden.. he has a weird thign with them!), and the other night he even had black raspberries for the first time off a dessert we ordered and loved them. He also has whatever fruit is accompanied in his daily yogurt. We have fruit covered... it's going to be coming out his ears soon if he eats anymore! Veggies... not so much! The only veggies Ryder gets are from "baby foods"... yogurt with it mixed it or those squirt pouches. I know he is getting his veggies he needs, but refuses to put them in his mouth if he knows it's happening. Does anyone have any tricks? I know I am "tricking him" by feeding it to him in his yogurt and such, but the doctor really insisted he needed to learn to eat the "real thing" and learn to like them for later in life. I put them on his tray at dinner and he puts them on his fork, puts htem in his mouth, and then gags! UGH!
He is a lover of chicken lately though... he eats about four chicken nuggets a meal! Such a big boy :)
3. Our electrical outlets... not sure that I ever made a most asking for help on this? I don't think I got around to it, but I solved the problem on my own anyhow! When I originally bought the outlet plugs so Ryder couldn't play with the outlets I bought the fancier looking ones because they were like a dollar more. I don't know why I did it, but in the past week Ryder has realized he can pull them out in like two second! Real childproof huh?!?! It was driving me nuts! What was I suppose to do? Yesterday we bought just the regular plugs that have been around for years.... what do ya know... he can't seem to get these suckers out! I guess don't improve something if the original works just fine huh?!
4. Our Anniversary :) My hubby and I had an amazing anniversary. We didn't have much planned because... well... we are babysitter-less in this land of the desert! We made the best of it and had a great day together as a family. Derrik got home from his day at rehab and said he wanted to let me go get a pedicure.. nice huh?! Given they usually take about 30-45 minutes he said he was just going to run into the grocery store with Ryder and would wait for me.... wait... wait... wait... the pedicure took two hours!!! I'm sure your wondering why I would complain about this except for the fact that I felt soooo guilty the whole time! The first thirty minutes was wondering having no baby, but after a while I could just picture Ryder screaming in the car and Derrik getting furious! I have no clue why it took so long... the rubbing part didn't last any longer hten usual... I guess this guy is just SLOW! Derrik did great with Ryder and when I walked out Ryder was crashed in his car seat. Derrik then said we were going to the mall... I felt bad because he's not a mall fan and it was HIS anniversary also. I suggested going to the driving range that we really like out here, but he was pretty insistant on the mall. He said I could shop around in the stores I liked, but go figure I found nothing. Derrik ended up walking out with some basketball shorts. (I am SOOOO not a fan of this spandex, boot, plaid, belted look that is out right now! Until it passes i'll just spend more money on the kiddos clothes and continue to shop out of my closet!) After that we headed to P.F. Changs for dinner... DELICIOUS! Ryder was a saint the whole time we were there. He must have known it was a special day :)

When we got home I found these on the counter!
He said he brought them back while I was getting my pedicure. I guess he had enough time :)For Derrik's anniversary present he ordered a golf club he had been wanting since he broke his driver the last time he golfed before his surgery. He is so excited for it to get here!
We had an interesting anniversary night... We came home and put Ryder to bed and were sitting on the couch watching t.v. Out of no where we smelt an awful smell! It smelt electrical so I jumped up and unplugged the halloween lights. Derrik had given me a hard time for leaving them plugged in all the time, and I thought for sure I was "learning my lesson" because they were overheating. I unplugged them and they weren't warm at all. The smell kept getting worse! We unplugged our computers... checked all the outlets. We didn't know what to do. It was pretty bad and was getting hard to breath. We checked Ryder's room and it was fine. All the rooms were fine except our living room. We put the animals in our bathroom and closed all the doors off trying to find the problem. We opened the windows and I turned the fan on high to try to get the smell out. It just kept getting worse so we decided we should call the fire department. They came out and immediately smelled the same smell we did. They were just as much at a loss as we were! Finally one of them went and got this camera that detects heat. After searching around we found out it was the fan! So when I turned it on high to get the smell out it just made it worse! We are assuming the motor or something is going bad in it and haven't turned it on since then. Fun night!
5. Kid songs!!! AHHHHH!!!! I can't get them out of my head! Derrik and I are both singing them like crazy and I swear dreaming about them at night! We never really turned cartoons on for Ryder because he never really had an interest in t.v. Now watches them while he eats his meals and in the car and that seems to be way more then enough for these parents right here! Our favorite song right now is from Yo Gabba Gabba. It is about getting your wiggles out before bed.
The song says:
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Go
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Go
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle STOP!
HOLD STILLLLLLLLL
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Go
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Go
Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle STOP!
HOLD STILLLLLL

There is some other words to it, but those are the part Ryder really reacts too. Enjoy the video :)

(To turn the music off for the blog so you can hear the video scroll all the way down to the bottom of the blog and hit the pause button on the music player!)

No comments: