Saturday, October 9, 2010

Date Night

Last night was our much deserved date night. Derrik and I hadn't been out together without Ryder since the end of June when Derrik had a few days to visit in The Cape over the summer. It was our weekend to drop Ryder off at our friends house and get a night out. He was SOO excited to go! I kept telling him all day he was going to Page's house and that Mommy and Daddy were going to go bye-bye to dinner. He just kept answering "yeah" kind of dragged out like he wasn't to sure he was thrilled with what I was saying. He did great though, and didn't even cry when we left. I was so proud of him :)

Go figure our "date night" was more like "baseball night". Our night that was supposed to be great adult conversation consisted of sitting in the bar staring at the Phillies/Reds baseball game, and me feeling like the bad guy dragging Derrik out at the end of the 7th inning so we could make our movie in time. By in time I mean we left the restaurant ten minutes before the movie started. It's ok though. I was pretty excited for the game too... just looking to maybe gain my husbands attention 100% for like two seconds would have been nice!

We went and saw the movie Secretariat. It was a really great movie, and Derrik had been looking forward to seeing it since he heard about it probably about a year ago. Derrik really has a passion for horse racing (which I don't understand!) so it was nice that we both got to enjoy it for two hours while watching the movie. It was a really great story.

Afterwards we picked up some cheesecake to-go from the Cheesecake Factory and headed to go pick up our boy. He did great and had a lot of fun. I think we had two successful weekends of child-swapping, and hopefully have lots more of it in our future!!!
Ryder ready to go to Page's house to play

No comments: