Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teething... Really?!

See the happy boy in this picture?.... Not so happy anymore! This weekend Derrik and I noticed he was constantly chewing on his fingers. It was non-stop, and we kept telling him to get his fingers out of his mouth. I've caught him chewing on things around the house that I haven't had to worry about him putting in his mouth for probably a year. We are past that stage in his life, and don't have to stress over little toys or anything. Later in the weekend he started having awful diarrhea diapers. Sunday also started the crankiness... he couldn't do anything without crying, throwing a tantrum, getting extremely frustrated, or screaming. Need I mention that he hasn't been sleeping through the night, is waking up screaming, and completely boycotted his nap yesterday! Late yesterday, and especially today, I've 100% decided that he is teething. He has pretty much every symptom right? I started him on the Tylonel, but go figure the teething tablets I (and most of my friends) swore by when he was younger were recalled yesterday!!! Seriously?!

Come on 2nd molars.... show your face! You're making us crazy!!!

I'm so glad we are dealing with this now, and hopefully are past it when we travel in a couple weeks!!!

Also... after being very frustrated with Ryder yesterday and probably not being the nicest Mommy in the world I decided to watch Oprah after I put him to bed. Derrik was at a football meeting, and I heard it was a good episode (as in a tear jerker). It was about parents who lost their three children five and under in a car accident. Of course it made me cry because it was a long day, and all I wanted to do after watching it was scoop Ryder up out of his bed and tell him I loved him. Sometimes a good dose of reality that life isn't that bad is good for you :)

On a side note: I got a call from the lab we had our ultrasound done at last week, and all of the results came back great. Our odds after the measurements and bloodwork they did went from about 1 in 1,500 to about 1 in 10,000 that our little one could have Down Syndrome or Tay-Sachs once born. Love the great news :)

No comments: