Monday, April 18, 2011

The Easter Bunny

I hadn't really given much thought to the Easter Bunny this year. Last year was a disaster, and Santa Claus took two trips this year and a lot of help from my sisters to convince him it was ok to sit on the old man's lap. I had just given up hopes of the Easter Bunny and figured we'd only torture him once a year with Santa. Heather had called to see if we wanted to go on Saturday morning and since we already had movie plans and Ryder is anti-bunny we passed.

We had started talking with Ryder last night at dinner about Easter. We talked about how the bunny would bring an Easter basket with presents and hide candy on Easter and of course all the talk got him excited. We talked a little bit about how we will dye eggs this week and then the conversation was pretty much over. Then this morning I read Heather's blog with the picture of Nash sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap and Ryder saw it. He asked who it was and got sooo excited! I asked him if he wanted to sit on the bunny's lap and he was all about it. It continued all day! He naps after lunch, and when he was done eating his lunch he turned the tv off and told me, "nap time then I go see the Easter BunnY!"

I truly figued I was wasting my time, money, and gas to drive thirty minutes each way to the mall for Ryder to freak out and boycott this whole bunny idea, but he was still so excited. We had to wait a little bit, and he was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Of course as soon as I nudged him to walk to the bunny when his turn came he froze! I just picked him up and plopped him on the bunnies lap. He gave me a terrified look and told me "no mommy", and I just said smile sweetie and you'll get a book.... and we got this masterpiece :)


Thanks Mr. Easter Bunny for not looking at the camera when my child smiles...

seriously my luck!

No comments: