Saturday, December 5, 2009

Breakfast with Santa

Mommy, Ryder and his goofy face, and Auntie Hailey

Grammy and Auntie Ally

During breakfast my mom says to me "I think it costs money to do the crafts and get pictues with Santa. I don't have any cash, but you do you right?" I replied back "Yeah I got it". We head upstairs to see Santa and it dawns on me that my wallet in sitting on my dresser at home from the night before. Ryder was already eyeing Santa, but there wasn't much we could do. My mom said she was going to run home and get the cash. It was about ten minutes down the road. Meanwhile there was no line for Santa so I figured i'd let Ryder warm up so we could get some amazing pictures. I held off on the lap sitting for my mom to be there to see him, but we did a few ho-ho-ho's and high-fives. Ryder decided he LOVED Santa! A little line built up and Ryder didn't understand why he couldn't be with Santa.

Here he is waving as hard as he can to get Santa's attention

Getting even antsier to be back with Santa

Meanwhile...time keeps passing, Ryder doesn't want to be held, there are people everywhere doing crafts, it's getting hot in the room so we decided to head back downstairs to wait for my mom to get back. She finally makes it and we head upstairs. Of course a little line built so we couldn't have time to let Ryder really get comfortable to get the big smiles. While waiting he starts laying his head on my shoulder and rubbing his eyes. That Santa excitement high he was on was gone and he was hitting a low... go figure!

I walked up to Santa first and Ryder followed, but more into my arms then Santa's

I so badly wanted to give Ryder a few minutes to be in love with Santa again, but I could feel the pressure to be quick since there was a line behind us. I quickly put Ryder onto Santa's lap and we got the saddest little pout i've ever seen. He didn't smile and he didn't cry. He just sat there and kinda of let his eyes tear up. I let my mom get a few pictures and we called it a day. Mall Santa... here we come!
Ryder and Santa 2009

Ryder and Santa 2008

Ryder, Auntie Ally, and Auntie Hailey with Santa
Hailey telling Santa her wish-list

No comments: