Sunday, December 6, 2009

Choppin' Down a Christmas Tree

My mom and I always have these genious ideas around the holidays... picture perfect... ya know? Last year we did the whole pumpkin patch and apple orchard thing which actually went pretty well. This year we decided we would go cut down their Christmas tree. I live the fun of getting the Christmas tree through my parents since my sisters prefer a real tree. I hate all the needles and can still get away with a fake one since Ryder is still too little to care.

On Saturday we planned on going to a tree farm about an hour away for a fun trip to cut down the tree. We had been talking about it for months and were pretty excited. Of course they were calling for rain and wind. We woke up and it was grey out, but not raining yet. We decided to go to one my mom hadn't researched yet that was much closer. First off, the rain let loose as soon as we got in the car and second, this place says you can "chop down your own tree" but you realize they are kinda stretching the truth just a little once you get there. It is literally a bunch of trees growing in someones front yard. They had already chopped down any tree that was somewhat decent. So you technically can chop down a tree.... if you want something straight out of the Charlie Brown Christmas movie. We walked around a little and settled for a pre-chopped one. We were pretty much soaked by the time we got back in the car, but we got a tree and that is all that matters. It is sitting in my parent's living room now and is gorgeous :)

"What?! We're going to get Christmas tree?!"

My sisters and I with Ryder
(I might look festive, but truthfully I was trying to keep my hair dry from the pouring rain)

Lovin' My Little Man

Grandpa being a trooper and carrying the tree to the car

In the rain...
Pictures of the tree up to come later :)

1 comment:

Brittany Wood said...

I LOVE real Christmas trees. We used to go and cut down a tree when I was little, and I loved it. When we have kids we'll have to go back to that tradition. Until then, I guess we'll just use a tree out of a box :(