Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We've Made It

We all made it to our destination. On Monday we packed up our car and headed from Pennsylvania to Cape Cod. We dropped Derrik off at the Boston airport to head out to Arizona for three whole weeks!!! He needs to do his rehab and also has started his high school basketball referring this week. He is loving the referring, but other then that we are all already missing each other terribly.

The pets and Ryder are adjusting amazingly well to being back at home. It doesn't surprise me since we are always moving. I'm so thankful for them all being so adaptable. I think I am the one having a hard time adjusting. Man am I exhausted! We got all of our stuff unloaded and into the house, but after that I felt so overwhelmed! I started wanting to unpack and realized before I could do that I needed to clean out our closet and Ryder's. Ryder's closet has clothes from when he was six months old! I emptied his closet and put all of his stuff away, but now have a H-U-G-E pile of clothes from the past year of his. I need to go through these and decide what goes to consignment and what goes in storage bin. It is making me crazy to look at this pile. As for my stuff.... it's all sitting on the floor in my room. My closet needs to be cleaned out also since the clothes in there are either pre-pregnancy and almost two years old, pregnancy, or post-pregnancy and too big. I plan on tackling both of these projects ASAP for my own sanity!

Christmas card have also been stressing me out! I want to get them out so I can use the pictures we took to decorate our blog for Christmas. I hate showing everyone the pictures ahead of time and ruining the fun of the card. They will be out tomorrow so we can get our blog decorated for the holidays :) Speaking of Christmas cards.... Anyone wanting to send us a Christmas card (please do.. we love them!) use my parents address. Our apartment and their house has the same address. I don't like putting our home address on here so just e-mail me if you need it at Danielle.Lutz@FMPS.com

What else.... I can't wait to decorate our apartment this weekend!!! We have lots of other fun holidays stuff planned for this weekend also. It has been sooo amazing having my family around the past few days... help with the baby, home cooked meals, feeling like i'm "home"... I love it! Just can't wait for my hubby to get here... 16 days!

I have some great pictures from the rest of our trip, but somehow we had a mishap with our cord. Derrik said he put it in the camera bag and still thinks he did, but it's not in there :( Hopefully it shows up soon!!! I'll get them up when we find it.

And lastly, the most important thing, please say a prayer for my grandpa tomorrow. He had an irregular test come back on his heart and is undergoing a surgery/procedure tomorrow. He doesn't know much yet, but we are hoping it is nothing. Say a prayer all goes well tomorrow and we get good news!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Glad you're "home" and adjusting. Saying a prayer for you and your Grandpa today!