Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Little of This... A Little of That...

Lots of things going on around here... Still busy as ever!

Our washing machine and basement are all seemingly okay at this point. The carpet dried up great, the dry wall in the closet doesn't even show any water marks, and my dad has been assured by some family that the insulation they put in the ceiling when finishing out the basement didn't have paper on it so it should have dried out on its own. The cause of the whole problem ended up being a sock from when Ryder was little that has obviously been working it's way into the drain for a while now. It managed to clog it which caused the flooding. The laundry is done and it appears to be a disaster of the past.

This little guy though did not fair out so well in the situation...

When we first realized what had happened we realized that the animals bed that was pushed up against the wall in our room had collected like a gallon of the water rushing down the wall. We quickly threw it outside to try to avoid letting that water also get onto the carpet. I didn't realize one of Chloe's favorite toys was laying in the bed. My parents golden retriever showed up with the poor toy in her mouth covered in mud a day or so later. These pictures are after I rinsed as much dirt as I could off in the sink. Chloe's favorite toy made it though the wash cycle and is nice and pink again.... but lost its poor eyes :(
Ryder is doing great, but the screaming must stop soon! He hasn't really found his words yet, but wants to talk. He resorts to screaming instead which is making me want to scream!!!

We have a baby gate at the bottom of my parents stairs, but the very bottom stair is still open. He loves hanging out on this stair just to try to give us a heart attack! Luckily he has now mastered getting down from this one stair :)
"Am I still cute even if I scream a lot?!" Yesterday was my 25th birthday... 2-5! A quarter of a century... getting old! I spent the day with my family and my little man. My mom cooked an amazing turkey dinner at my request.. Thanks Mom! We opened presents and then had some cake which Ryder loved. I got a new Coach purse from my parents which is officially replacing the diaper bag. I just don't need as much for Ryder these days so a big purse will do just fine. It was sad though to know that we are already past the diaper bag stage.


With my Little Man on my birthday :)
So a milestone in our family has been on the verge of happening for a while now. I knew it was coming, but still can't believe it. I am by no means a short girl. I am 5'5" and was usually taller then most my friends growing up, but my little eleven year old sister has finally surpassed me. We took this picture below last night when everyone felt like pointing out that she is finally taller then all the women in our family, and coincidentially they measured her in school today and she is now 5'7"!!!! This explains why the girls in her school have been begging her to be on the basketball team. She has had two scrimmages so far and by her second game was doing so great!


My much taller sister, Ally, and I