Sunday, December 13, 2009

No Good Title

I am having trouble coming up with a cute little title for my hellish morning I had. I could have titled it about the amazing Christmas cookies we made this afternoon, but I think my hellish morning takes more importance over that since i'll be dealing with my morning for the next few days... or weeks!

This morning I woke up so motivated. Usually on Sunday's I just hang out in my pj's and keep Ryder entertained until the rest of the family wakes up. I don't get much accomplished and just..well.. do nothing. This morning I knew we had plans today and figured i'd get some stuff out of the way. I put a load of wash in, got myself showered, gave Ryder a bath, picked up the huge mess Ryder had made downstairs while I got myself ready, went on the internet for a little bit, and then realized Ryder was hugry. I ran upstairs to switch the load of laundry over before we headed to my mom's side of the house to get some breakfast. When I got upstairs I realized their was water on the floor in the bathroom. I knew it wasn't good, but figured it wasn't too huge of a deal since it was tile floor. I ran back downstairs to get my phone to see if my dad would come over to check it out. As i'm standing in my room waiting for him to answer the phone I hear... drip...drip...drip... I look at my laptop and it has water on it. Look up... water on the ceiling... look at the wall... water running down it... my heart starting racing as I realized my the washing machine was right above me! I ran to my parent's side of the house screaming my dad's name. I woke him up screaming that my room was being flooded. EXACTLY what he wanted to wake up to on a Sunday morning (that whole idea of kid's moving out and being on their own at 18 is SO not true! I'm such a hassel to them still lol) He figured out that the drain on the washing machine wasn't working so when the rinse cycle came on it just overflowed. We threw some towels down on the carpet in my room and realized we had gotten pretty lucky with the water damage. He went back to his side to get himself together (since I woke him up from a dead sleep and all) and I was trying to move some of my stuff out of the way and into the closet. As I walk in the closet my socks got wet and I soon realized ALL of my clothes were soaked!!!
My Laundry Pile!!!
Minus lots of laundry we did get very lucky! We had heaters on in the room all day. The carpet and walls appear to be just fine. We are having a repair man come to look at the washing machine tomorrow. Our biggest concern is the insulation in the ceiling most likely being soaked. Luckily we had a wood ceiling instead of drywall so we are going to give it some time to see what happens. Hoping it doesn't become an issue!!!

After a really awful morning we did still manage to go on with our day. Ryder took a great nap, and I got to have fun making Christmas cookies with my mom and sisters. We were much more successful this year then last year. After they were all done we went and dropped them off to some of our favorite people :)

Yummy Pretzels!
Thanks Tina and Cindy for the great idea... they were a huge hit!

Ally's friend Jenny wanted some of the extra chocolate
Hailey helping me out


Yummy!

Jenny and Ally
Going to deliver our cookies...

No comments: