Sunday, August 8, 2010

Technology

I am so thankful that God knew to have me be a young mom that had to move away from family ony thsese last couple of years when we have all this technology. I am not sure if I would have survived even just a a few years back. I can't imagine no internet, no facebook, no Skype, no picture text messaging, no e-mail, not even just a simple phone call that didn't have long distance charges! I would seriously go crazy. Even though my family is in Massachusetts, Derrik's family is in Pennsylvanis, my friends I grew up with are mostly in Florida, and our baseball family is scattered all throughout the east coast right now each and every day I feel close to them all. I can be on the phone with my mom and shoot her a picture text of exactly what Ryder is doing at that second. I couldn't imagine talking to her paying for long distance calls and mailing her a picture she might not get up until a week later. I am so thankful for all of this! Just this week alone I got to Skype with one of my best friends from Florida and see her sweet little girls, got to see my college roommates newborn son over Facebook, got to send e-mails with baseball wives I've never even met that feel like real friends because we have so much in common, and got to hang out at Tricia and Page's house who are great friends we have met here in Arizona all thanks to the internet. I try to keep myself in the present and be happy in Arizona (which we really are), but it is so nice to have that connection daily to friends and family. Some of my friends I haven't seen in about a year, and I literally feel like not a day has gone by without seeing them. It's an amazing thing, and something I truly appreciate.

It is also so amazing to have a blog to share Ryder's life on. Obviously Ryder has spent most of his two short years away from family, and so many people comment on how they feel like they still get to see him grow up. That is so special to me because I don't want Ryder growing up being a stranger to those that are so special to us.

SO yeah.... I'm an internet junkie, but if it keeps me connection to so many special people in our lives... who cares!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Exactly. Who cares? The Internet is a wondereful thing and like you, I can't imagine raising Page so far from family without technology. Hope Ryder is feeling better!