First off... We had to stop not too long after making it into Texas last night because our cat, Turbo, decided she was done with her cage and started crying like crazy. They do love to sleep, but I think at about the twelve hour point she wanted to eat and go to the bathroom also. We stayed at an awful hotel. Only about $15.00 cheaper then the night before and we were scared for our lives! I love when i'm trying to suck it up and cuddle up to my husband who is suppose to protect me, and he tells me he'd rather sleep in the car because the hotel room freaks him out! We found a spider before we went to bed, a dead cricket, and three spiders in the shower this morning! YUCK! Anyhow... we survived... and have been in the desert for what feels like days! Which leads to our Q&A... we'll ask the questions... you answer! Because well... we don't know the answers....
1. The cows... in the middle of no where with no signs of life is cows! How do they eat? Who is taking care of them? Who thought it was a good idea to put them out there with no shade? Just doesn't seem fair!
2. What is with all the little bridges with River so-and-so and Creek so-and-so signs? There is NO water underneath them! Was there water at one point in time? Are they hoping by naming it a river or creek that it will bring on the water? I'm so confused!
3. The wind-mill looking things in the middle of nothing. Ok I know they spin and it shows there is wind, but what is the point of them? Is someone using them for something? I know I always see them in pictures and stuff arounds farms, but these are in the middle of no where. We need to know their purpose.
4. People made us think the desert was this big sandy area with no trees. There are LOTS of trees... all over... is this the desert? I mean it still looks barren, but we are not lacking in trees.
5. Random homes out here. There are hundreds of miles between these barren towns. Who lives out here? What do they do with their lives?
6. The random barrels, standing posts, tractors, old trucks... we see them all the time in random spots all by there lonesome out here. Did someone have hope of something happening in the middle of no where... start something for like a day or a week and then give up? Makes no sense?
7. This whole barren place is fenced off! Derrik wants to know if they are just trying to create the worlds longest fence?! Do individual people own all of this desert out here and just do nothing with it? Does the state own it? At some point in time when our ancestors found this country someone claimed it... did they sell it off? Anyhow... this fence? It's soo random! It's been going for miles for no reason at all!
8. Back to the cows.... the cattle... the steer? I keep saying "see the cows!" and Derrik is saying he thinks they are cattle... although he isn't sure he really even knows what he is talking about! He thinks one makes hamburger, one makes steaks, one makes milk... help us out?
9. Radio stations... literally at one point our radio dial just keep going and had no station! For a LONG time! And there were homes there! Could you imagine living in a place that literally didn't even have one staticky radio station?
10. So some of these mountains out here look fake! There literally is flat ground then it shots straight up, straight across, and straight back down. It looks like someone made it with their farm toys. I know there are lots of different answers as to how they formed, and it kind of gets into the evolution vs. creation theory. It is all so interesting though! I could look at it for days.... oh yeah.. I have! How did it all get like this?
We'll were off to our millionth potty break.... help us out on our Q&A!!!