Monday, August 31, 2009

Not Me Monday



Are you feeling guilty for eating all the cereal you said was for the kids? Laden with remorse because you took a nap at your desk when your boss wasn't looking? Overcome with embarrassment when your child sticks their hand down their pants at the mall? We'll don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!





Quite a few fellow bloggers participate in Not Me! Monday... I have never participated before, but am feeling a little "not me" this week so I figured i'd go ahead and participate.



I did not have to throw away all sentimental stuff from my sons 1st birthday party because we were once again packing our cars up to move. Never... not me!

I did not take well over eight hundred pictures at the beach last weekend because I can't keep anything that takes up physical space. Not me... I never have my camera in anyones face taking pictures. I would never do that!


I did not have to pack up my sons precious clothes to give to Good-Will because we didn't have any space, and keeping track of a consignment shop to get paid would have been too hard.


I did not almost tear up leaving my sons bath seat at the dumpster hoping that another Mommy would stumble across it before it got thrown in the trash.


I didn't insist that their be room in the car for the baby carseat that Ryder outgrew almost six months ago. I didn't try to convince myself we will use it for a second child when he comes along. I am not in denial that i'll buy all new stuff when child number two comes along because I most certainly do not have a shopping problem!


Derrik and I most certainly didn't return our third flat screen t.v. to Wal-Mart since February because we keep moving and don't have room in our car to fit our own. We would never stoop that low and try to cheat the system. Never! Not us!


We would definitely never be moving out son, who is one year and one week old, to his fifth state! We would never ever do that to try to achieve this crazy dream of major league baseball!


While packing up the apartment and emptying the fourth fridge so far this year (yes it gets very expensive!), I most certainly didn't polish off the the ice cream cake we had in the fridge to try to avoid more waste! I would NEVER do that while throwing the fruit away into the trash can.

I didn't once again have to say good-bye to great friends and move to another state. It would be absolutely crazy to have to say emotional good-byes for the millionth time this year!


No comments: